Made a start on sanding the decks - I plan to keep all the dusty sanding work in the shed and bring the boat back into the warmer, cleaner kitchen to paint / varnish
I've been jumping from task to task without any order so decided to list out the work left and put it into some kind of priority . Oh my goodness, it just shows how much is left to do !!
So glad to get that job done. Had to buy more clamps, make wedges and still ended up using more screws than I'd like, it's not the best job I've done, but it's on .
Also did some light filling of the floor panels in prep for painting
After several attempts to steam the stbd gunwhale, I've been putting off the port side. Ran out of room in the kitchen so put the hull back in the shed and tried wrapping the gunwhales in rags soaked in boiling water to set the curve, I'll find out in a day or so whether it works.
I sheathed the foam panels with carbon cloth, filled and sanded the inner sides and glued the stock up, filleting the joints ready for further reinforcing with tape.
The hull is back in the shed for the last of the woodwork (port gunwhale) and is then ready for sanding
Made a start on a rudder stock.
I like a lifting rudder, as our club has a stony shore, and the gantry puts the stock further back, so a cassette wouldn't be so convenient.
I cut the basic shape out of foam, with a couple of cedar strips along the front and top edges to space the cheeks apart.
I bogged the foam ready for carbon sheathing, and used the rest of the mix to laminate up the blank for the blade.
I also cut and glued up some half round bead trims along the inner edge of the sidedecks.