After dryfit playing around with clamps, bricks, chocks and lashings, I took the plunge, mixed up some glue and stuck the foredeck down. I fitted both halves at once, gaffer taped together along the centreline, and then repeated the clamping process - bit of a lash up, I hope i
Back to the kitchen floor to cut the deck sheets
Took the opportunity to make templates for the decking while I work out what to do with the floor and get more materials ordered. It's going to be tight but I will be able to get the decks out of one sheet (as long as I don't mess up!). Shame I can't just stop here but I doubt card decks will work!
Really unsure what to do now. I've invested a lot of money and time into these materials to achieve a light boat but I clearly chose foam that was too thin and am no longer confident I can make it work with hand layup. I wish I'd stuck with traditional ply construction, but I've no more materials left now. I guess I'll have to order another sheet of ply and start again.
I'm scratching around the last of my materials now and ended up having to scarf the last couple of pieces of ply together for the port side tank as none of the leftovers were quite big enough. I'm not too worried as I plan to paint these panels.
I also fitted a couple of doublers between frames 3 and 4 to provide hard points for cleats
Several sessions later I've cut and fitted the Carlins that support the top inner edge of the side decks, the stbd side floor stringer and side panel
Carlins fitted to top inner edges of frames