After a frantic scramble at the end, including a broken down car and several late nights we finally launched her today.
I'd particularly like to thank Daryl as the motivation for this project, plus Ben, John and Luke (in NZ) for their advice, Iain for the rig, P&B for all the fittings, Butler boats (trolley) and Sail Register (cover).
First challenge this morning was to get it out of the back garden. If it hadn't gone thru the side gate it would have to have gone over the garage roof.
Plenty of room ...... : )
Then I disappeared over the horizon so no sailing photos yet
Identified lots of little details to deal with. Mainsheet rubbed on boom, bridle block kept twisting oddly, more kicker needed, all rope lengths need shortening but none of these are a problem. Only real issue is the bottom of the rudder stock sits in the stern wake creating a rooster tail of drag. Needs some major mods there.
Hope for more wind than forecast tomorrow for a longer sail
Yes ! It's a tight fit but the board goes through the slot ! Still loads to do, but that's the last major hurdle I was worried about, so it looks like we're on for a launch Sat morning : )
Goodness there are so many details to finish off : Completing the stock, working out an uphaul / downhaul system, progrip, griptape, footloops, splicing, mounts for cleats, epoxy/sand, epoxy/sand on the foils etc But as long as I can get the centreboard down thru the slot it'll sail next weekend whether the foils are smo
Target Launch day two weeks.
After another day of continuous sanding, I took the opportunity of the warm weather to try painting again. This time I did it outside where there's more space. I warmed the paint beforehand and rolled and tipped it on. Let's hope there's not too many runs, sags and flies in the morning this time