Spent most of the weekend on a variety of bits and pieces.Cleared the building base out and passed them on to the next Farr builder Dan, which created a bit of space. Lot's of sanding - my hands are so sore !Finished the centreboard blank then got stuck straight into the rudder and finished it too. Both ready for sheathing.
More sanding on the decks and another coat of varnish. i'm still not satisfied with them, but I gota take it sailing soon so I think they'll have to do!
I also built a couple of ply boxes and carboned them to mount the control line cleats
Think this is going to be a really stiff mast - need to try again to get more kicker !
It was so difficult to stand back from the hull in the house to check the painting, and once outside in daylight the finish (paint and varnish) is just not good enough, so I'm rubbing it down to wait for warmer weather to recoat outside
Found a piece of Mahogany for the maststep, and used a gravity clamp to epoxy it down. Neat place for a builders plate
I made socket for the gooseneck from a short lenth of stainless tube that I epoxied up with a bunch of carbon inside a plastic cup, with was the same rad as the ID of the boom, then bonded it in.
I am planning off boom sheeting, but as the boom section I have is quite deep and a bit of overkill, I am going to run the mainsheet inside the boom. This means opening up the boom to mount the ratchet and feed the sheet through.
Drilled Cut Ply deck and carbon added to reinforce + peel ply